Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Pike Place Market/Waterfront

Yes, I do work, but why stay at home when I'm not working. For the first time in 2 years, I have 4 days off that I can use for myself, than going to Committee/Project meetings. This is my well-deserved 4-day vacations.

I went to Pike Place Market, and found out that it's going to take a whole week to visit all the levels of the Market. One day for each level. I love the movie Sleepless in Seattle, so it was fun looking for all the places they filmed the movie at. Of course, Pike Place Market was one of the places. I found the restaurant Tom Hanks and Robn Reiner ate at. The Steamed clams were GOOOD!! One of my Travel Nurse friends had Scallops Fettucine. Since they have filipno chefs working there, there's also sinigang, adobo, and other filipino dishes with different types of seafoods. I have to come back.

We went to the Waterfront as well, and found a great place like Joe's Crab Shack, where they give you a big plate of shellfish, and a big bowl for the discarded shells. Since we were already full, we decided to put that on our list of place to go later. We also found out that there's a harbor tour that goes by the houseboat in "Sleepless..", so we put that on our list as well. The more I tour Seattle, the more stuff we find to do. I'm not getting bored, that's for sure. A lot of places to see in a short amount of time.

More to come,

Leona

No comments: