Pages

Friday, June 30, 2006

Cruising the Bays in Seattle.

No matter where you go in Seattle, there's a body of water to boat on. Right now, there's no cloud in sight. I came to Seattle at the right time. I went on a cruise yesterday that took us from the Waterfront in Downtown Seattle, up through Puget Sound, then down towards Union Lake (East of Downtown Seattle). It was a 2 hour tour, and it was very educational. There's an area at this route where salt water and fresh water meet, and the water level on each side is different. The boat had to go through what's called "the Locks" to transfer into the fresh water area. That's why this Tour is called Locks Cruise.













The boat went into that narrow area, up to that closed gate, and tied onto the dock.
The door behind us closed, and the water level rose to the level of the fresh water canal.

As soon as we were up to the fresh water level, the front gates opened up and we went through to the other side.








Of course, that wasn't the main reason I went on this cruise. I also got the chance to see the Sleepless in Seattle Houseboat located in this area. Hey, I love the movie. I found out during the tour that they only filmed on the OUTSIDE of the houseboat, but the scenes inside the houseboat was film actually at a studio lot. The owners kept the christmas lights up in honor of the movie, and everyone can find the houseboat during the tours.
At the end, I got a beautiful sunset view at the waterfront. I'm also sending you a slideshow of the cruise to see how beautiful Seattle is.


Gotta go. Need to get my rest before I work tonight.
Love, Leona

No comments: