Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2006

June 5 - 1st day at work

On Sunday, I drove to Virginia Mason Hospital so I’ll know where to go, but I was not prepared for the parking issues I faced today. I thought parking at Grossmont Hospital was bad. After finding parking for VM Hospital, I can truly say Grossmont Hospital is not bad. There’s one parking structure, and 3 parking lots, but they’re not available for employees AT ALL. I had to drive 3-4 blocks away for a parking space, and pay. Otherwise, everything else was pretty good.

These 1st 2 days are just orientation, but on Wednesday night, I’m working my 1st night shift in 3 years. Pray for me!!!! The sun sets late (9:30pm) and rises early (5:30am). So, what beauty sleep I was hoping to get at night before my night shifts is shortened. I’ve been going to bed late, thinking it was 7:30 and walking in my neighborhood, when in fact is 9:00pm and the stores I wanted to go to were closing. I forgot about the longer days of summer in Washington.

I still haven’t found a Starbucks closest to me. (I can hear the laughters from a distance). I haven’t ventured further than 2 blocks from me, so it must be a block or 2 further. I still have no internet connection, but Beau helped me out in finding a closest wifi coffee shop to me. (Thanks, Beau) Of course, I haven’t gone yet to those Coffee shops he listed for me. I did make an appointment for them to hook me up in my apartment, but they won’t come in until Friday, so I DO need to get to one of those coffee house, and SOON. I’m finding out how dependent I am to the internet. Since I don’t have a TV either, I’m getting bored in my apartment, but too tired or too late to walk to the coffee shops to connect on the web.

I’m hopeless. Talk to you soon,

No comments: