Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Welcome to Seattle, Raquel

"Hello, my name is Leona, your guide with Space Cadet Tours, where you will experience a vigorous run to the wrong ferry boat minutes before it leaves, visit Victoria BC that you're unable to enter because of no proof of citizenship on us, a trip through the Canadian and US border crossing, and 4 glorious hours on a round trip boat ride. It's an experience you can laugh about eventually in your life time."

Yes, that's how we spent my bestfriend's (Raquel) birthday. She came to visit me for her birthday, and go to San Juan Islands for her birthday since she didn't bring her birth certificate to go to Victoria. We made it to the Ferry terminal in Anacortes just before 8:15am to see a ferry boat loading up. Being the space cadet that I am, I thought that was our ferry boat we needed to get on, and rushed Raquel to the ticket counter so we can buy our ticket and get on it before it left. We were the last 2 they were waiting on, and as the boat started sailing out I found out the boat was going to Victoria, BC, NOT to San Juan Islands. (Simple mistake, right?) The explanation is too long to say, but there is one. Anyways, I went to speak with the Purser in charge of the passengers, and told her we were on the wrong boat and have no passports or birth certificates on us to show proof of citizenship at customs. She radioed our situation in, then told us we were to disembark with her in Victoria, she'd walk us through both customs, and get us back on the return ride to Anacortes. By the time we got back on the boat heading back to Anacortes, we were dubbed "The Famous 2 Ladies" by the Ferry crew. We will wear that proudly. We have been able to laugh about it from the moment it happened, and made an album all about it. I'll send it to you soon.

"Hope you come back again for this unforgettable adventure" :-D

Love in Christ,
Leona

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! That is sooooo stinking hilarious!!!! I am at work and the kids are looking at me weird because I cannot stop LAUGHING!!!!
You guys crack me up.
BTW, I don't know if you eventually got to go, but Friday Harbor is great and they have some really cute shops and art galleries.
Also, I thought Racquel was the same age as me...only 27?
Interesting...

Anonymous said...

HA, HA, HA!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like something I would do!