Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Snoqualmie Falls and Mariners Game

Hello, everyone

Sorry it's been a while since I've written. I have exactly a month before I leave Seattle. Next stop, Denver. I haven't done much sightseeing until this week. I went to a Renaissance Fair last weekend, and I have to say that it was the first time I didn't enjoy something in Seattle. I guess it's not my scene, but I went with a friend that wanted to see the fair. I wasn't really into it, especially since I just got off work, and only had a couple hours of sleep before we left for the fair. As soon as I got back that afternoon, I slept all the way through the evening, and missed Seafair's Saturday night concert and fireworks. :-(

At least I had 5 days off, so I DID do something to make up for lost time. I went to Snoqualmie falls on Monday. The falls change every season. In the spring, the falls are HUGE, cascading down as the snow melts in the mountain, and gradually decrease in size throughout the summer. When the rain starts pouring down in the Fall, the falls begin to increase in size again. I saw some pix of the falls in the winter, and it looks too cold for me to visit then. So, these pix are good enough for me. It's summer, warm in the 80's, and I can enjoy some blue skies. I'd love to come back to Seattle every summer if this is their type of summer every year.

On Tuesday night, I went to a Mariners game. It was a nice baseball experience. Not as good as a Padres game, but it was an adequate substitute. They have no Closer, so we didn't have the Closer entrance like Trevor Hoffman's. (BTW, Does anyone know where I can download a video of that, so I can put it on my MySpace site?) They tied up in the 9th, and one of the Mariners hit a grand slam in the 10th. Unfortunately, I had to leave at the end of the 9th to catch my bus. Why couldn't he hit that Grand Slam in the 9th?!

The best thing about that night is how I got a ticket to the game. It's a blessing. I went to church on Sunday, and got there early. The church has a little coffee shop with tables to sit at, so I sat there reading before service. A guy (he's in his 60's, if any of you were "thinking") came up to sit at the table, while waiting for a couple. We started talking, and I told him I was leaving Seattle in a month, but I hope to go to a Mariners game before I left. Well, he had an extra ticket to the game for the following Tuesday, and invited me to come with his Small group to the game. Apparently, one of the members of the church works for the Mariners and donated a lot of tickets to the church, and this guy's small group was going to the Tuesday game. No cost. How awesome is that. Yea, God. Well, gotta go. My best friend Raquel is coming to visit this week for her birthday, so more pix to come.

Live from Seattle, this is Leona. Have a good day. ;-D

Lotsa love.

No comments: