Pages

Monday, August 21, 2006

Putting this out in prayer. (Getting close to moving again.)

Hi, everyone.

I hope everyone enjoyed the journey that I've experienced so far as a travel nurse. It's been a wonderful 2 1/2 months in Seattle, and I have less than 3 weeks to go. I've been told many times that I came to Seattle at the right time, and I have to agree. Seattlelites really know how to enjoy the summer, cuz it's the only time the sun comes out for 3 straight months. Yes, there has been occasional showers, but while I've been in Seattle I've been blessed with mostly sunny skies and temperate heat. I've seen a lot of Seattle as well (obviously). I have only one thing to see before I leave, and that's Bumbershoot (Seattle's last festival).

I'm moving soon, so all the stuff I unpacked in June need to fit back into my CRV, along with additional things I purchased. I think I need to repurge some stuff. Thank you, Raquel for helping me purge some of my stuff before returning to San Diego. It was easier to do this time around, compared to the first time before I moved to Seattle. Before Seattle, she had to pry some things out of my fingers to purge. ;-) (Her version of relaxing)

I've found how much of an important asset it is to have a small group, as well as a church, to go to while traveling on my own. While I was in San Diego, I've been going to Small Group at Karen Stevens' house, and I have learned so much from everyone there. Ladies (Karen and group), you have taught me about relationships and marriage, prepared me for whenever I marry, and to not lower my stardards for a husband. It's been wonderful to go to small group and listen to these ladies, rich with experience and love for the Lord, and great accountability partners, especially when we were involved in planning the Women's Retreat last year. That was the clencher of why I decided to go to your small group.


Pray for me that I can pack everything back in my car in record time, and that I don't lose my mind with the list of things I need to do and straighten out before leaving Seattle.

That's a lot I shared, huh? Thanks everyone. I'll write again soon,

Leona

PRAISE REPORT: I finally have confirmation that I'm now licensed in Colorado. Been waiting for it for over a month.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord on the CO license thing!!... and waiting patiently for the open door into fellowship group...

Anonymous said...

I pray for a safe journey in life for you, both spiriitual and temporal. May God continue to bless you. Love from Uncle Fred

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed Seattle through your eyes...can't wait for Denver.
I'll be praying ahead for you to find a good church and a great home fellowship.
Maybe the Lord might quickly lead you to someone who would like to pray with you regularly. Prayer partners is a powerful way to build relationships and to help with accountability. (Terrie Bearden is mine). I'll be praying for someone with a real heart for God and ready to enjoy a wonderful Leona in her life!
Hugs,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Leona,
that was so sweet what you wrote about our small group. I'll be praying that you do get an accountability partner for your last 3 weeks and that you find one soon in Denver after you get there as well!
Karen