Pages

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I did find a church in Seattle

If any of you were wondering, yes I found a church here in Seattle. It's been difficult to find one that's in the inner city area of Seattle (or where I am in University District) that is solid in the Word. There are no Bible bookstores in the city limits, except on the outskirts of Seattle. Fortunately, Pastor Kyle from the Rock Church (my home church) told me of Mars Hill Church in Seattle. I went there on the second week of arriving in Seattle, and Pastor Mark is an amazing speaker. He's straight forward and brings the sermon down the their level like Pastor Miles, but in a different way. Like Pastor Miles, Pastor Mark has a gift for evangelism.

The church is growing like the Rock Church, and outgrowing their temporary church site, but the Lord has blessed this church to expand throughout Greater Seattle. Pastor Mark said that Seattle is considered a burial grave for new churches, and for Mars Hill Church to flourish as it has, the Lord is with them to succeed. They just acquired a couple of buildings, both churches. I don't know the details as to what happened to the congregations of these churches, but the leaders of these churches came to Mars Hill church and offered their buildings to help Mars Hill Church expand throughout the city. It's a rather long story to explain Mars Hill's situation, unable to move into a larger facility, but what I've seen I know the Lord is doing miracles left and right to reside throughout Seattle.

Before I left San Diego, I prayed that Father God would use me wherever He led me to. When I got here, the only thing Lord wanted me to do is pray for Seattle. Pray for them. Where the Lord has them planting churches are areas that need prayer the most for revival and an open heart to Jesus. Ballard, Wedgewood/University District, and West Seattle.

Thank you everyone for your replies to my posts. I miss everyone in San Diego. It's been hot up here, but from what I've heard it wasn't as bad compared to the heat wave in San Diego. I hope everyone survived the heat. Jo, how are you doing? You've been on my mind, and I've been praying for you especially with these last 2 weeks of heat.

When the Lord says I can go back home to San Diego, I'll be back in a flash.

Love you all in Christ,
Leona

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep on praying for Seattle Leona as we will too!