Pages

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Just Stand Over There Against the Wall...

There are 2 sides to every story right?

I have to agree with Leona. She is a space cadet. Too bad we werent headed for the moon!

After our 2 hour tour and landing in Victoria, I was excited to see the Canadian border for the first time. I had never gone through customs before either. I was truly going "international."

However, to my dismay, we werent going to see what Canada had to offer. Makes sense since Leona sold me on going to Friday Harbor!!!

The customs official did not know what to do with us, so she directed us to "stand over there against the wall." Only criminals have to stand against walls! I was a little nervous but she had mercy and let us wait outside as long as she could hold our California driver's licenses. I flagged a guy who was wearing traffic garb and he said, "Oh, are you the two ladies...the two FAMOUS ladies?" We humbly with a smile said yes and he said he'd talk to customs for us. We got our IDs and I needed to head to the gift shop. BAD.

In honor of my almost trip to Canada-I'd like to call it National Lampoon's Ferry Ride, Leo and I got matching Canadian Maple Leaf tattoos on our American ankles...

This trip was exceptional because I got to cause some havoc and laughs among those who enjoy the routine trips along the Puget Sound...so happy 27th to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any Canadians give you problems again, just talk to me. I'm part French Canadian, so they're sworn to obey me. ;)
Glad you had fun despite the "wall incident"

Anonymous said...

Leona got a tatoo? I better see it when she comes to Saint Louis. LOL

Leona said...

THe tattoo is gone now. No evidence. Sorry, Lora.