Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Knitting Stash

I have a box of yarn that's been sitting in my Study waiting for me to knit something, so I decided to knit something from my box, and empty it out.



However, that didn't work as I hoped. I've made hats, scarves, wrist warmers and such, but for some reason I have more yarn than when I first started! Having a yarn stash has been filling every nook and cranny of closets. I feel that having too much yarn is not good, but alas, I've been told that "it's ok to have a yarn stash". I found a book called "Knit Rules!" by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee ( the Yarn Harlot) that talks about tips and tricks of Knitting than patterns and "how to.." instructions, and she brought up a section topic of Yarn Stashes. It's not bad to have one. You just need to share a fraction of it to your friends so they won't freak out when they see the stash (that's spilling out of your closet, boxes, and from under your bed).

So, I share my yarn stash proudly, and hopefully start more project from this stash, and not buy more for a while.....yeah, right.

- Posted using BlogPress

1 comment:

Maria said...

LOL...I also am a fiber addict, and no, I will not be getting professional help for my addiction- because it is a GOOD ONE! Hehehe