Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Surprise, Lora!!

Hi, all.

My family came to visit, and to surprise my sister on her birthday (15th). My sister invited me to her birthday party that her family was throwing for her in Chuck E Cheese, so I brought everyone else with me. My mom and dad, my brother Wayne, Niece Maria, and Maria's kids Emma and Aidan. Funny thing is that we were planning the surprise her for a year, since I decided to be a travel nurse. (and she didn't have a clue) So, I walked in first, and then the others streamed in one at a time. It was fun. She screamed 3 times. :-D Thank you, Phillip for instrumenting the surprise.

Of course, we also went sightseeing for the weekend they were there. My dad and Uncle Denny used to live there when they were kids, so they've been giving me ideas of where to tour, and my dad took us to his neighborhood, and showed us where he lived, where he played at, and where he went to school. And, of course, the tour is not completely without my dad getting lost...again. Love you, Dad. We made quite a few circles.

We also went to this place called City Museum, where you can be a kid, no matter how old you are. The pics I took says a lot, but I couldn't take too many, since I was moving, climbing, and sliding (and it was dark). It's a museum with different slides, climbing space (if you're not afraid of heights or claustrophobic) located inside an old 7 story building. It took up 4 floors of the building. I went climbing with my niece Lizzie, persuading and pushing each other up stairs, climbing spaces, and down slides. If you come to St Louis, you have to go to City Museum.

I also took my family to St Charles Main Street. We went as far as the Ice cream shoppe, located in the middle of Main, then decided the kids are tired and ready to go home. We didn't get a chance to go to the Arch or to Forest Park, but I'll take more pics, so they can continue to live vicariously through me once again, and see the pics on the blog ;-)


Yes, I'm still enjoying the travel nursing career. Eventually, I'll settle in one place for a while, but until then....


lots of love,
Leona

No comments: