Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Am I a Radical?? Wow.

Random Thought (though it's been rolling around in my mind for a while)

One of my friends from San Diego came to visit me about a month ago, and one of the conversations we had was our experiences in the Midwest (east coast for her). We're west coast girls. We haven't heard or experienced anything east of the Colorado Rockies until the Lord moved us out here a couple years back.

One thing that blew us away was how "liberal" we are to the Midwest. In California, we were always tagged as conservative (maybe ultra-conservative) in our Baptist upbringing, but in Missouri I was called a "Radical" in my face. How in the world did that happen?!! That was a year ago that I heard someone call me that, but it still stumps me to this day as to how am I a radical.

Of course, since Austin is the Liberal dot in Texas, I'm conservative to everyone here.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

It's okay Leona. Remember, Paul was a radical.

Also, I never thought of the church in Cali as being conservative.