Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

On the Trails again (to the tune of On the Road again.)





Yes, that's right. I bought myself a new mountain bike. Check it out. I'm back on the trails. Actually, I'm not on the trails yet. I promise I will be careful this time.





For those of you that don't know, I've had a history with mountain biking before I stopped. I gave my mountain bike to my niece when I was getting closer to leaving as a travel nurse, and I couldn't take it with me. (Others would give another reason, but I like mine better.) We don't need to revisit the past. And, like I said, I'll be careful..

Austin is filled with so many trails to ride, and quite a few for novices. However, I haven't taken it on the trails yet. I've been training for a triathlon sprint right now, so I changed my tires out to slicks (road tires) to ride on the roads. I did my first Triathlon sprint in June, and crossed the finish line on my feet!! Big accomplishment there. I have yet to get the pictures for that, but I promise (Wayne) I will share them when I get them from a friend. My next Triathlon Sprint (shorter version of a triathlon) is on Aug 24. I'd say wish me luck, but luck has nothing to do with it. By God's grace, I'll finish, so pray for me that I do better than before.

3 comments:

Maria said...

August 24! Wow...good for you. Don't forget to keep hydrated out in that sun :-)

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! It's cool lookin'.