Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Heritage Day in St Charles

Hello all,

I never knew St Louis was called "the Gateway to the West," or why until I moved up here. This was the last TOWN Lewis and Clark stopped at before venturing into the unknown west. On May, St Charles celebrated Heritage Day which the re-enact that time, and how they lived and dressed when Lewis and Clark's expedition came along. Yes, and I apologize, it took me this long to download my pics and share them.

Those involved in the re-enactment made tents and fire pits as would have back then, and had a lot of homemade products made as if in the past. Really cool. I saw a lady making plates and platters from clay, and baking them under the sun. They also had buffalo burger and other "fixin's" as would have eaten during that era. Boy, technology has made us lazy.

Be on the lookout for the pics.

Leona

No comments: