Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2006

I made it!!

Praise you, Jesus!! I made it to Denver.

Bad timing to start driving to Denver from Utah. I stopped at Riverton, UT to visit a friend of mine, and I was to leave for Denver on Friday. Unfortunately, I found out that a thunder storm was coming in that same time, as well as a snow storm in the mountains. Dark clouds settled on what looked like the WHOLE state of Utah, so no matter what route I take, I'm hitting weather. I took the south way (I-70) to Denver to miss the worst of the storm. (I still left on Friday)

If, for some trivial reason, you were looking at the weather channel, and noticed a hole in the clouds over Utah. That was me. On occasion, I did have rain, but not too bad. It was awesome, though. Most of the time, while driving in Utah, I was in the center of clear skies, but I could see storm clouds 10 miles (maybe more) away all around me. It's wonderful to know the controller of the weather. So, everyone, thank you for your prayers. It was definitely heard.

1 Kings 18:41-45, Luke 8:24-25

I also enjoyed the awesome scenery around me. I'm glad I went through Colorado to Denver, instead of Wyoming. I would have missed all that beauty. Like I said when I first travelled to Seattle, God is the Master of Art. No one can surpass His creation.

I'm moving into my apartment later today. I arrived in Denver last night, and I stayed with my brother and his wife until I can move in today. I'm still making my list of what I want to do in Denver, and hopefully I'll have more pix to share.

Love and thanks,
Leona

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Leona,

Thank God you got to your new post safe and sound. Chona's very much impressed your navigational skill. Hope you enjoy your new surroundings. Keep us posted, will you? Uncle Fred

Anonymous said...

Leona,
Thanks for the update on your trip to Denver - it sounds like the Lord was guiding you all the way - I'm thankful that you made it safely there.
I will be praying that you get settled quickly and that you find a good church to fellowship with. Also, that your job goes well too!
We started Sisters In Christ last week. We had to change the meeting night to Wednesdays, due to a conditional use permit of The Rock, but God was faithful and we still had over 100 women come. Hopefully we will be starting our small group back soon doing the Beth Moore study, "The Patriarchs".
Keep in touch and I'll keep you in my prayers.
God bless,
Karen