Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My 1st snow for me in Denver

Next lesson in life: how to dress in layers.

In San Diego, there was no need for layers. I can just put on my sweat shirt and go outside in the "cold" weather. Here, it's a WHOLE different kind of cold. I'm learning to dress in layers, because the jackets I have with me are for San Diego winters. I can still feel the cold (40's above zero) with my thickest jacket . A couple weeks ago, the forecast was likelihood of snow (which gave me the incentive to buy my 1st snow boots.


It only snowed in the mountains, however it didn't stop me from dressing like it was going to be a snow storm in Denver as well(layers, gloves, scarf, and snow boots). Everyone at work was laughing at me 'cause it was 40 degrees outside Hey, that's freezing for me! The Weather forecast reported the likelihood of a winter storm today and the the rest of the week. I think they were correct.











Now to buy a parka, and I'm set.

I'll update you on how I did with driving through it.

Leona

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world! Now you know how i felt when i moved from San Diego to the East Coast! I had to buy a whole new wardrobe. I think I can count on my hand the number of times it was below 30 degrees in San Diego. Out here it's the norm (30 degrees can be warm!) Every body out here laughs at me because i've got a space heater in my office and I'm always cold and ALWAYS have a jacket with me!

Great to hear from you and to hear about your traveling adventures. Please Pray for me. I wish I could travel a little bit more back here. Love ya and miss ya, kerrie

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Leona. I'm sure that's why they hire San Diegans in Colorado - They're entertaining.

Anonymous said...

You're in for a whole new way of life living there. Have fun!