Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wow, 2 years....

It's been 2 years since I first came to Austin, TX (well, 2 years in Jan 5), and so much has happened since then. I came to Austin just for a 3 month travel assignment, and then leave and not return. The Lord's plan is so much more than my own. I thought that after St Louis, I would move on to the new england coast, make my way south to Savannah, GA, then back to St Louis for Summer '08 to watch my niece's graduation, and then make my way back to San Diego. No where in my plan did I consider going back to Austin, TX. That was MY plan.

God's plan: Return to Austin after St Louis, and stay...why? I still don't know, and it's been over a year since I've returned. I've heard Him say "rest" and "learn," but learn what? It only took me 10 months to learn how to rest, and then to actually do it.

I still get antsy staying in one place still, but it hasn't been as bad as last year in Nov. If I continued on as a Travel nurse, I would have left in Nov '07. But, since the Lord wants me to stay in Austin, He didn't give me another city to request for.

No comments: