Pages

Monday, August 06, 2007

Back to Austin I go.

Hello again, all.

My assignment ended this past week, and I'm packed and ready to go back to Austin, TX. There wasn't an assignment available for me, and Austin was an "If all else fails" option. I have my license in Texas, and a great rapport with the hospital I worked at. I'm also considering settling in that area, and travel from that point. Maybe. I do miss my friends there, and I can still tour some areas that I missed before I left. Traveling the way I have has taken it's toll since I don't have some anchor in a city. I love San Diego, and I miss everyone there, but it's the most southwest point in the country (and expensive to live there). I use my parents' address for my mail, but other than that, I technically have no "home". A transient nurse. Austin is more centralized than San Diego, and I don't have to live in snow for the winter (just heat and humidity). I still have hills to hike (and maybe bike), and Town Lake and Austin Lake may not be the Pacific Ocean, but it'll do.

I have a week to kill before my apartment in Austin is ready, so I'm leaving today for Branson, MO for a couple days, and then I make my way to Austin via Little Rock, AR. I should be in Austin by Thursday late afternoon or early evening. I'll stay at a friend's house that night before heading to my apartment on Friday.

Of course, with a week off, I went to visit my dad's side of the family in Michigan this past weekend, and found out a lot from them and my dad, and also where he gets his "quirkiness" from. It's a hereditary thing. I also got to visit my great aunt Irene (my grandfather's sister). She's a feisty and funny lady. Though she may have Alzheimers, she's still has a quick wit. I also met a lot of my dad's cousins. I miss them already.

I'll stay in touch with everyone. If there are any changes on my end or any adventures, I'll share them with you. After my trip to Branson and Little Rock, I'm going into settling mode and won't be traveling for a while until the Lord says it's time to go back out. It's been fun. I enjoyed visiting my family and hopefully will be able to go to the east coast later. I hope everyone enjoyed the pictures and e-mails I sent of where I've been. It was fun to share it with you.

It's not over yet. Just a break.

Leona

No comments: